Call for Nominations, Faculty Member in Practical Theology
Concordia Seminary is seeking a called, full-time faculty member who will teach in the area of Practical Theology.
The successful candidate must…
- Be rostered as a Minister of Religion-Ordained in the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod and be a member in good standing of an LCMS congregation.
- Have a strong commitment to the Scriptures as the inspired, written Word of God and the Lutheran Confessions as a correct exposition of the Scriptures.
- Have a demonstrated ability in theological teaching and scholarship.
- Have a PhD; STM or DMin may be considered, but preference will be given to a candidate who is willing to complete a PhD.
- Have academic and practical experience in pastoral care and counseling; congregational dynamics and leadership; and education, discipleship, and catechesis.
- Be able to serve collegially on a theological faculty and represent Concordia Seminary to the church.
- Have demonstrated faithful Lutheran pastoral practice, care, and leadership.
- Have experience in cross-cultural settings; multilingual ability is desirable.