Call for Nominations, Faculty Member in Practical Theology
Concordia Seminary is seeking a called, full-time faculty member who will teach in the area of Practical Theology.
The successful candidate must…
- Be rostered as a Minister of Religion-Ordained in the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod and be a member in good standing of an LCMS congregation.
- Have a strong commitment to the Scriptures as the inspired, written Word of God and the Lutheran Confessions as a correct exposition of the Scriptures.
- Have a demonstrated ability in theological teaching and scholarship.
- Have a PhD; STM or DMin may be considered, but preference will be given to a candidate who is willing to complete a PhD.
- Have academic and practical experience in pastoral care and counseling; congregational dynamics and leadership; and education, discipleship, and catechesis.
- Be able to serve collegially on a theological faculty and represent Concordia Seminary to the church.
- Have demonstrated faithful Lutheran pastoral practice, care, and leadership.
- Have experience in cross-cultural settings; multilingual ability is desirable.
The full Call for Nominations document and contact information is available here.
Gary W. Zieroth September 12, 2013
Is the nominating process officially closed for this faculty position, or is it still open?
Thank you and blessings in Christ,
Dr. Gary Zieroth